Employment law services from Lancashire employment law specialists
The rights of individuals, and the corresponding obligations upon employers, have grown substantially in recent years as a consequence of new legislation and the impact of European Law. It is essential that both employers and employees are well informed concerning their rights and obligations.
In our experience as employment solicitors, most employment problems are caused by either an absence of written terms and procedures or – alternatively – a failure to follow the set procedures. The importance of having proper procedures in place and ensuring that they are followed has been highlighted following changes to the rules relating to discipline and grievance procedures. Additionally, it is not always appreciated that a failure to provide written terms of employment is a breach of section 1 of the Employment Rights Act.
What we do
We are experienced in all aspects of employment law, acting as employment solicitors for both employers and employees. As far as employers are concerned, we place a special emphasis upon the importance of preventative advice. This often avoids costly and difficult litigation.
Coupe Bradbury provide a comprehensive employment law service on the full range of employment issues, both contentious and non-contentious, including:
- Drafting Contracts of Employment, defining working hours, holiday entitlement, dealing with sick pay provisions, and providing model disciplinary and grievance procedures (which are now very important)
- Drafting Directors' Service Contracts, to include restrictive covenants and garden leave clauses
- Initiating claims for both unfair and wrongful dismissal in the Employment Tribunal
- Defending claims brought by employees or negotiating settlements through ACAS
- Advising on Maternity and Parental leave entitlements
- Advising on the status of employees against self employed workers under IR 35
- Advising on redundancy entitlements, including whether there is a genuine redundancy situation
What will it cost?
Many people are concerned that it will cost them a lot of money for us to act as their employment solicitor and assess their requirements. With this in mind, Coupe Bradbury offer a no-obligation interview to provide an initial assessment of your needs and to enable us to provide an estimate of the costs.
No win no fee
Once we have assessed your case it may be possible to undertake the work as your employment law solicitor on what is known as a conditional fee agreement. This essentially means that we share the risk with you and if you do not win, we do not get paid.
Contact our Employment Law department
Email: Colin@coupe-bradbury.com Telephone number: 01253 736670 Fax: 01253 794108
Colin is based at our Lytham office: The Chapel House, Bath Street, Lytham, Lancashire FY8 5ES